Welcome to the new SoTA Writing Round Table!
You are a full member of this new venture. No titles, no hierarchy here!

You can:
- post your works in progress here for constructive feedback from other authors and SotA backers
- offer constructive feedback on anyone else's posted work

Explore the categories in the left hand panel, post or review stories, plays, poems, etc. We welcome all suggestions, including suggestions about the site.

We are happy you are here!
- Vyrin & Womby

[R34 Travel Guide] Interview with Death

Comments

• edited October 2016
    It's not often that we here at the Unreliable Travel Guide get to interview a genuine celebrity, but recently we heard that none other than Death himself was in New Britannia inspecting the ubiquitous resurrection ankhs scattered throughout the land. We caught up with Death and his lovely wife Morticia where they were staying at one of the delightful cottages in Kiln.

UTG: Good afternoon, Death. First let me say what a rare privilege and honour it is to meet you.

Death: Nonsense. I get to meet everyone eventually.

UTG: Quite. If it isn't too much trouble, I'm sure our readers would greatly appreciate it if you could answer a few questions.

Death: Sure, no problem. Ask away.

UTG: Many in New Britannia are curious as to why outlanders are apparently immortal. Frankly, they're more than a little miffed about it. Is there anything you would like to say to put their minds at ease?

Death: Ah yes. 'Project Groundhog' I call it. Technically they are not immortal. They die just like everyone else. The difference is that in their case they do it more often.

UTG: Oh, I see. But why?

Death: The Oracle and I have a bet. She thinks that if outlanders are given multiple chances to correct their mistakes, they will eventually become virtuous. I disagree, so we have a little wager going. We've agreed to give each outlander one hundred years to become simultaneously virtuous in Truth, Love and Courage, and to facilitate that I have installed resurrection ankhs to bring them back to life every time they die before their time is up.

UTG: What exactly is the nature of this wager?

Death: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

UTG: Never mind, it's not that important. On another subject, rumour has it that you are contemplating retirement. Does this presage an imminent end to mortality?

Death: You wish! No, my son will be taking over. A real go-getter that one. I'm sure he'll be setting out to impress his old man and make a name for himself.

UTG: Hmm. Will that be happening any time soon? 

Death: Probably after I win my bet with the Oracle. She'll no doubt be somewhat annoyed with the avatars and withdraw her protection. That would be the ideal time for my son to take over. 

UTG: Well, thank you so much for the interview. I hope you enjoy your stay in New Britannia.

Death: No problem. I look forward to our next meeting.

UTG: *gulp*

• Womby, I love your macabre mind!

"privilege" or is that the American spelling?

• I think was editing the story as you were posting your comment. It is slightly different now.
  • PS: Thank you for the picture!

• Great backstory for the ankhs!

Just a couple things...

Good afternoon Death.
    Comma after afternoon.

We caught up with Death and his lovely wife Morticia in Kiln, where they were staying at one of the delightful cottages there.
    Second half is cumbersome, especially since "there" kind of hangs as an unnecessary modifier. Maybe, "We caught up with Death and his lovely wife Morticia while they were staying at one of the delightful cottages in Kiln."
  • Thanks Vyrin.
  • You are quite welcome to the picture. I think I have the resolution fixed now for future screenshots.

I shall think of myself as Morticia each time I wear this dress. "Do you mind if I smoke?"