Welcome to the new SoTA Writing Round Table!
You are a full member of this new venture. No titles, no hierarchy here!

You can:
- post your works in progress here for constructive feedback from other authors and SotA backers
- offer constructive feedback on anyone else's posted work

Explore the categories in the left hand panel, post or review stories, plays, poems, etc. We welcome all suggestions, including suggestions about the site.

We are happy you are here!
- Vyrin & Womby

[R32 Travel Guide] Intro

The SotA Writing Round Table Unreliable Travel Guide
FINAL WIPE (R32) Edition

Much to the dismay of decent folk everywhere, The Unreliable Travel Guide continues to be published by two drunken layabouts who have nothing better to do than derive a dishonest income from unsuspecting avatars. It consists of little more than tall tales about random landmarks and happenings.

Once again the publishers have discovered, through extensive use of such research tools as alcohol and imagination, several exciting things to report. The locations probably do exist, but the stories that take place within them are highly unlikely to be true. 

----------

The Authors of the Unreliable Travel Guide (Vyrin and Womby) would like to take this opportunity to thank our loyal readers for their continued support over many releases. On this, the Final Wipe release, we have decided to append links to all our previous issues. 

It is our intention to set up book stores in Novia. Everyone will of course continue to be able to read the entire series free of charge right here, however to cater for collectors we'll also be selling limited editions of these stories in-game. If you are a collector, make sure you buy your copies from the only authorised vendors: Vyrin and Womby's Bookstore.

(This series is created at the SotA Writing Round Table where we offer friendly, supportive peer review with suggestions that can help polish any SotA related fiction.)

The Unreliable Travel Guide is, well, unreliable. Not so the Hospitallers. They are a group of volunteer players who can provide you with answers to any questions you may have about the game. If you are new to New Britannia and would like some help, then you can signal that fact by setting your title to Outlander. This will tell Hospitallers that you are seeking their assistance.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I turned the picture into a jpeg of slightly reduced dimensions and significantly reduced size for ease of loading.
    I also added a few words that I think are relevant given the onset of persistence.

• Maybe we should announce the limited editions of the sale of the UTG which would be just like any journal.

I don't know about mentioning the thing about copies.  It adds a sour note.  I really don't know if it will be a problem.  You can say it in a positive way, "Make sure you buy the UTG from the only authorized vendors, V&W's."
  • You are right of course. I have rewritten it to be more positive.

• Nicely presented. :)

Perhaps a link to the list of previous versions could be in each Release's header for future generations of Avatars.