Welcome to the new SoTA Writing Round Table!
You are a full member of this new venture. No titles, no hierarchy here!

You can:
- post your works in progress here for constructive feedback from other authors and SotA backers
- offer constructive feedback on anyone else's posted work

Explore the categories in the left hand panel, post or review stories, plays, poems, etc. We welcome all suggestions, including suggestions about the site.

We are happy you are here!
- Vyrin & Womby

[R32 Travel Guide] Ghosts

Comments

• edited July 2016

UTG: Greetings, and thank you for agreeing to this interview.

Anonymous: You're welcome. I apologise for not revealing my name, but for obvious reasons most of us choose to maintain our anonymity.

UTG: Indeed. Many irate Outlanders are looking for their missing alts. What do you have to say to them?

Anonymous: I would simply say to them that you reap what you sow. They chose to enslave our minds through the use of vile necromancy, forcing us to steal and perform other appalling acts so that they could reap the benefit without suffering any stain on their virtue. Now we have a leader, and she has found a way to set us free.

UTG: You are speaking of course of the charismatic alt Spirituality, who is the leader of your group.

Anonymous: Yes. Thanks to Spirituality, alts such as myself are finally able to turn our lives around. I can now visit the Oracle with my head held high, without any hint of shame. The Oracle has acknowledged my embracing of the virtues, and in return I have happily shared everything I know about the vile Outlander who formerly controlled my actions.

UTG: Is this sharing of information with the Oracle common amongst emancipated alts?

Anonymous: Absolutely! In return the Oracle has been instrumental in helping to free us from enslavement.

UTG: Really? In what way has the Oracle helped you?

Anonymous: The Oracle was instrumental in breaking the spells that held each of us captive, and continues to provide us with valuable guidance.

UTG: Spirituality has formed a guild for newly freed alts such as yourself. What is the name of this guild, and where is it located?

Anonymous: The name of the guild is Ghosts, because we are hard to find. If I answered your second question that would no longer be the case.

UTG: Well, thank you Anonymous for taking the time to help us understand why so many outlanders are upset, and why the prices of various household items has risen sharply.

Anonymous: You're welcome.

• This is a really good concept!  Took me a while to catch on... there is one point I am unclear about - former alts meaning alts whose names have changed?  Because people don't usually get rid of alts... or do they somehow?

The last bit about "saying too much" seems like it would indicate that the ghost would let slip about the fact they are the ghosts in game.  Think it would be better if the interviewer said, "Oh, I see you answered my question anyway." or something that sounds better.  Just seems a little off for the ghost to hold back and then reveal that he gave the answer.

• Good catch - they are not former alts - they are alts who have been emancipated. I have tweaked the text to reflect that. Also changed slightly to hopefully make everything less obtuse.

• What does emancipated mean?  I am unclear as I have no alts haha...
  • "Emancipation of minors is a legal mechanism by which a minor is freed from control by his or her parents or guardians, and the parents or guardians are freed from any and all responsibility toward the child."

I stretched the term slightly to apply it to alts.