Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the new SoTA Writing Round Table!
You are a full member of this new venture. No titles, no hierarchy here!

You can:
- post your works in progress here for constructive feedback from other authors and SotA backers
- offer constructive feedback on anyone else's posted work

Explore the categories in the left hand panel, post or review stories, plays, poems, etc. We welcome all suggestions, including suggestions about the site.

We are happy you are here!
- Vyrin & Womby

[Lum's Travel Guide] Brightbone Pass (#3 in a series)

edited August 2015 in SotA Stories
BRIGHTBONE PASS

Several weeks had passed since Jenny's death, and I found myself devoid of motivation and plagued with unanswerable existential questions. I wandered from place to place on Novia, taking temporary work of a predominantly violent nature, perhaps in an effort to distract myself from the emptiness that I felt.

My current task was to scout north from the Perennial Coast through Brightbone Pass and report back the cause of the sudden cessation of traffic through the mountains. Of course, we all knew in advance what the answer would be, and my trip was really just a formality. I set off along the snowy path that snaked upwards from the base of the mountain towards the enormous, imposing statue at the peak. As I approached the top my suspicions were confirmed. Yet another undead infestation had halted traffic, and yet another call to arms would be required.

It seemed that lately this struggle was unceasing, with control sometimes changing hands several times in one day. Still, the pay was good, and at least the local militia were gaining plenty of experience in the martial arts. I resolved to join them this time.

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Here we go!  On with the story - a good way to do entries for the travel guide!

everal weeks

Copy and paste chop.

My
    current task was to scout north from the Perennial Coast through
    Brightbone Pass, and report back the cause of the sudden cessation of
    traffic through the mountains

The comma here again is a problem, but the next sentence is right!

• Thanks Vyrin. Fixed.

• uhm i know this is a bit late, but doesn't Brightbone harbor skellies rather than elves?
  • edited August 2015
    Correct! Well spotted. I fixed it on the SotA forums some time ago, but forgot to fix it here. I have updated it with the version that I posted on the forums, and is currently available in Soltown.

• haha, ok :)